[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k] [s4s] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/co/ - Comics & Cartoons

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 9 posters in this thread.

12/20/15New trial board added: /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests
11/28/15New trial text board added: /news/ - Current News
11/12/15Name changed. WWE topics on /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor applications are now closed. Thank you to everyone who applied!

File: 50we.png (1.61 MB, 1275x718)
1.61 MB
1.61 MB PNG
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nMmC3YvR6M
>>
Stop
>>
>>81548280
Drop
>>
>>81549654
and roll a fat one, homie
>>
Welp, Zootopia confirmed for the new MLP. Hiro, please give them a containment board.
>>
>>81547591
>preds are black
The movie is about prejudice in general, they specifically went out of their way to not have any species represent a particular ethnicity. These people forget that this film is released internationally, and every country has their own history and prejudices.
>>
>>81547591
Not this shit again
>>
File: image.png (194 KB, 712x1000)
194 KB
194 KB PNG
>>81550977
As a black man this movie hit me where I live.

>you're a real articulate fella!
>Oh, don't be silly! You're not like them!
>My pet name for a girlfriend that I had was Bunny
>I actually know a guy that's essentially like Nick, tho he stays on that hustleman lifestyle, nothing serious like drugs, just bootlegging and selling things without an official license.
>>
File: 1409715009676.png (260 KB, 352x315)
260 KB
260 KB PNG
>>81551533
>Only bunnies can call other bunnies cute
>I'm not just a token bunny
>Don't touch her hair
I can argue for Judy being black, but that wouldn't fit into the American black/white prejudice narrative even though she exhibits some tropes from Black American culture. I'm not saying that you can't relate or draw a parallel between the movie and American history, that's certainly possible, but that's not the intent of the movie. In fact, it's only possible to do so because the movie does such a good job at representing the core of prejudice, which is behavior born from fear and ignorance.

It does this so well that you could insert it for any minority vs majority; ethnic, religious, political or otherwise.
>>
>>81550977
This. It doesn't translate 1:1 to race.

Judy's whole struggle with becoming a cop, because her kind is naturally much smaller and weaker (and seen as harmless and cute), is way closer to sexism than racism.
>>
>>81550977
>>81553217
>>81553246
Applicability > Allegory. Unlike say, Blomkamp, Disney understood this.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.